Note: Financial transactions can be handled electronically and via mail. If you need to meet someone, you can call the department’s extension directly. Phone numbers are listed under each department below.
For the latest information on City of Oak Ridge Schools, click here. As of Wednesday, March 25, 2020, school is closed until at least April 24.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING (Updated 3/20/20)
· For the safety of our employees and the public, the City of Oak Ridge Municipal Building is closed to the public until further notice effective Monday, March 23.
· Departmental services are still on-going, and this precaution should help limit exposure to these employees.
· If you need to reach a department, call the number listed below for each department or click here for a list of all departments.
· All meetings for boards and commissions are canceled until further notice.
UTILITIES (Updated 3/20/20)
· The lobby to the Utilities Business Office (UBO) is closed until further notice.
· Customers should make payments online or make arrangements by calling (865) 425-3400.
· The closing is expected to continue for several weeks.
CENTRAL SERVICES (Updated 3/24/20)
· For the safety of our employees and the public, the Central Services Complex is closed to the public until further notice.
· Public Works and Electrical Department services are still on-going, and this precaution should help limit exposure to these employees.
· If you need to reach Public Works, please call 865-425-1875 and for the Electric Department, call 865-425-1803.
· The Annual Citywide Household Trash Pick-up, which was set to begin April 6, has been postponed until further notice. A release will be sent out when a new start date is scheduled.
FIRE DEPARTMENT (Updated 3/20/20)
· All citizen visits and tours to fire stations and headquarters have been suspended.
· Fire administration may be reached via phone at (865) 425-3520.
POLICE DEPARTMENT (Updated 3/20/20)
· The main entrance to the police department is closed to the public.
· To file police reports, citizens should call the police department for guidance at (865) 425-3504.
· Crime tips can still be reported online.
ANIMAL CONTROL (Updated 3/18/20)
· Oak Ridge Animal Shelter is temporarily closed to the public to ensure the safety and health of animals, employees, volunteers and visitors.
· Animal Control will continue to respond to animal emergencies.
· Adoptions and owner reclaims must be scheduled by calling (865) 425-3423.
· The Senior Center closed on Monday, March 16, 2020, until further notice.
· As a result, the ETHRA Senior Nutrition Congregate Meal program (on-site meals) was also suspended.
· The ETHRA Senior Nutrition Program Home Delivered Meals (“Meals On Wheels”) will continue.
· The MyRide program is suspended until further notice.
RECREATION CENTER & SCARBORO COMMUNITY CENTER (Updated 3/30/20)
(865) 425-3450 · Due to
surrounding cities closing playgrounds, City of Oak Ridge playgrounds will now be
closed until further notice to protect citizens from potentially transmitting
and spreading the COVID-19 disease. This closure is effective Monday, March 30. · Trails, greenways and parks including tennis courts, basketball courts for passive use (no active games), and Blankenship Field and Track remain open at this time for walking and jogging use. · The Recreation Center and Scarboro Community Center closed to the public on Saturday, March 21 at 6 p.m. until further notice.
· Other facilites are under review for possible closure.
· The Eggspo egg hunt, scheduled for Saturday, April 4 is cancelled. It may be rescheduled at a later date.
· Other programs and activities may be subject to postponement or cancellation as the situation develops.
· Restrooms at the following parks will be closed until further notice:
o The Baseball Complex
o Big Turtle Park
o Carl Yearwood Park
o Melton Lake Park
CENTENNIAL GOLF COURSE (Updated 3/17/20)
· Water coolers at the Centennial Golf Course will remain off the course for the foreseeable future.
· All restrooms on the golf course have been closed.
· Ball washers and putting green flags have been removed.
CITY COURT (Updated 3/20/20)
· All City Court hearings for the month of March will be postponed.
· The City Court Clerk’s office is open for payment via mail. Citizens can send money orders or personal checks to:
City of Oak Ridge - City Courts
P.O. Box 1
Oak Ridge, TN 37831
· If a payment is past due, only money orders or a cashier’s check is accepted.
· If you have any questions about what is owed, please call (865) 425-3536.
LIBRARY (Updated 3/24/20)
· The library closed to the public until further notice.
· Library book drops are now closed. Please keep all library materials at home until the library reopens to the public.
· All due dates have been extended for nine weeks.
· Library card privileges will not expire during this time so that all patrons can more easily access our online resources.
· Our library staff is currently looking for ways we can continue to provide access to information and resources without endangering anyone’s health.
· Please check the library’s website and Facebook page for updates as we create these services.
· As always, our online collection of e-books, audiobooks, streaming video, and learning resources will remain available through our website and our online catalog.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (Updated 3/20/20)
· No in-person assistance.
· Applications for building, planning, and zoning are encouraged and will be accepted via phone or email.
For more information, contact the City Manager’s office at 865-425-3550.