(1) Continue funding and support for the proposed general aviation airport in Oak Ridge.
(2) Request that the Tennessee Advisory Council on Intergovernmental Relations
(TACIR) work with affected cities to review and recommend reforms to the state’s grant
(3) Reform emergency authorities granted to municipal governments so that city officials
can make decisions they deem necessary to promote the health and safety of their
communities. Such reform should include authority to determine when to hold electronic
meetings, and to issue public meeting notices electronically.
(4) Support funding for the Edgemoor Road construction project, and work with City
officials on final designs to incorporate pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
(5) Ensure Oak Ridge’s participation in TDEC decisions related to federal facilities in
(6) Review myriad sales tax exemptions and sunset those which are outdated.
Legislative action is especially critical now to help local governments maintain Pre-K-12
education and other essential services.
(7) Oppose legislation that includes local preemption; require local opt-in/opt-out choice
on legislative initiatives, such as the new law authorizing prohibition of smoking on
(8) Oppose legislation that forces local governments to take on unfunded
(9) Oppose school voucher programs and urge the General Assembly to limit
implementation until impacts are systematically examined and mitigated.