Personnel Advisory Board
Risk Management Home
City of Oak Ridge Home
Current City Job Openings
You can receive an application by walk-in, email, or write to the Personnel Department, City of Oak Ridge, Municipal Building, P.O. Box 1, 200 S. Tulane Ave., Oak Ridge, TN 37831-0001, or telephone the office at (865) 425-3564. The Personnel Department email address
. You may also click
to download a copy of our application. Your application will be accepted at any time by mail,
, or during regular office hours,
, Monday through Friday. Resumes may be forwarded to the Personnel Department at the above address. You need only one application to be considered for all vacant jobs that you qualify for. You must fill out the application form completely, and all statements on the form are subject to verification.
Parks Technician I (Maintenance)
$12.90 per hour
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
1. Maintenance of parks, athletic fields, recreational equipment and related facilities.
2. Assist skilled trade workers in the completion of maintenance, repair & construction projects.
3. Operate and maintain grounds maintenance equipment, hand and power tools, City vehicles and heavy equipment.
4. Possess the ability to follow oral and written instructions and to communicate effectively, and to work well with fellow employees.
5. Possess knowledge of occupational safety rules and practices. Consistently use safe work practices as defined by OSHA, TOSHA, City policies and Departmental policies.
6. Maintain an accurate record of work performed; complete and submit a Labor Distribution Sheet daily.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
1. High School Diploma or GED and two years’ experience performing manual labor in the landscaping and/or construction industry.
2. Knowledge of principles and techniques of landscaping and grounds maintenance. In the future, may be required to obtain a TN commercial pesticide applicator certification.
3. Excellent physical condition with good manual dexterity. Must possess the ability to lift or carry 75 pounds, to work in all weather conditions, to bend, stoop, and climb ladders when necessary.
4. Must possess a valid TN driver’s license with a good driving record. In the future, may be required to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must apply with the Personnel Department by
12:00 noon, Friday, July 19, 2019.
Electric Line Technician (Lineman)
Entry level - $38.26 per hour/$79,580.80 annually
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
Works with various Electric Department crews in installing or repairing high voltage electrical distribution system components, electrical meters, traffic signals and controllers, and electric fixtures in City facilities. Must perform both underground and overhead work.
1. High school diploma or GED with basic knowledge of trigonometry and a basic understanding of the principles of electricity.
2. Must have successfully completed a four-year electric lineman apprenticeship training program.
3. Completion of an electric line tech program with an apprenticeship program and specialty in electric metering.
4. Possession, or ability to obtain within six months of appointment, a valid Tennessee Class A Commercial Driver's License with air brakes endorsement. The ability to manipulate the controls of large trucks and backhoes.
5. Physical ability to lift and hold fifty (50) pounds to the shoulder level; to work in all weather conditions and on all types of terrain; and to tolerate heights and confined areas. Manual dexterity which permits the use of hand tools while wearing size 8 or larger high voltage gloves. Physical ability to climb electrical poles. Good peripheral vision and adequate hearing (natural or corrected). A lack of
sensitivity to insects and various weather and environmental conditions.
6. The ability to operate various types of construction equipment including backhoes, dump trucks, digger-derrick trucks, bucket trucks
7. The ability to work safely close to energized high voltage cables, wire, and equipment, and to work as a member of a team.
8. The ability to interact effectively with supervisors, co-workers
the public and to closely follow oral and written instructions.
9. Must pass
evaluation and drug screening prior to appointment. Subject to random alcohol and drug testing throughout employment.
Qualified individuals interested in this position should contact the Personnel Department at 865-425-3564.
THE CITY OF OAK RIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
INCLUDING THE DISABLED