The City of Oak Ridge is currently beginning its recruitment activities for the position of CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER, to include those having successfully completed a Police Academy with POST certification pending.
Please carefully read this document to learn how this process will work. Mandatory Qualifications:
1. Be a United States citizen
2. Be at least 21 years of age
3. Possess excellent moral character for carrying out law enforcement duties
4. Be free of a criminal conviction record
5. Possess a valid driver’s license (if applicant lives out-of-state, he/she must be able to obtain Tennessee Driver’s License 30 days after employment)
6. Be of proportionate height and weight
7. Ability to pass (a) police officer selection test, (b) physical ability test, (c) panel interview, (d) background investigation, (e) psychological examination, (f) medical examination, (g) drug screening, and (h) interview with Chief of Police
8. Must have a High School diploma or GED and have successfully completed a Police Academy with POST certification pending.
Applicants meeting ALL of the mandatory qualifications above are eligible to take the written test that will be given on Monday, October 30, 2017 in the Shep Lauter Room (Gymnasium) in the Recreation Building at the Civic Center Complex on the Oak Ridge Turnpike across from the Oak Ridge High School (1403 Oak Ridge Turnpike). Applicants will be admitted at 8:30 a.m. and the written test will begin at 9:00 a.m. and should take about two hours.
Immediately following the written test, applicants will be given a physical agility test in the same room as the written test is administered. Therefore, applicants should wear or bring loose fitting exercise clothes and shoes suitable for running.
Other selection steps for some applicants may include an oral interview, a psychological evaluation, background investigation, drug screening, and medical evaluation.