Personnel Advisory Board
Risk Management Home
City of Oak Ridge Home
Current City Job Openings
You can receive an application by walk-in, email, or write to the Personnel Department, City of Oak Ridge, Municipal Building, P.O. Box 1, 200 S. Tulane Ave., Oak Ridge, TN 37831-0001, or telephone the office at (865) 425-3564. The Personnel Department email address
. You may also click
to download a copy of our application. Your application will be accepted at any time by mail,
, or during regular office hours,
, Monday through Friday. Resumes may be forwarded to the Personnel Department at the above address. You need only one application to be considered for all vacant jobs that you qualify for. You must fill out the application form completely, and all statements on the form are subject to verification.
RECREATION ASSISTANT I (ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL
E– 1; $12.90 per hour
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
• Complete the requirements of PGA membership and maintain active classification (or actively pursue PGA membership as an apprentice in a timely manner through the PGA PGM program)
• Supervise, schedule and train golf shop personnel and outside services.
• Assist with management of outside service staff to ensure the highest quality of customer service is achieved
• Assist with the administration of applicable staff via recordkeeping in accordance with facility human resource policies
• Provide excellent customer service, professional advice, and assistance to all patrons. Focus attention on members and guests needs and remain calm, professional and courteous at all times, even when under pressure.
• Assist with golfer check-in and fee collection; control and manage play
• Assist with all opening and closing procedures
• Note that daily assignments are completed in their respective areas, to meet club standards- (i.e. orderly/organized work areas
• Assist in managing facility tournament operations including weekly events
• Assist in tournament operations and weekly events including planning, pre-tournament contracts, post- tournament billing, promotion, course set-up, preparation, scoring, prize distribution, and follow up
• Conduct individual lessons and group clinics
• Assist with men’s, women’s, and junior golf events and programs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Must have strong customer/guest orientation.
• Must have solid supervisory and leadership skills.
• Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
• Exceptional knowledge of the game of golf.
• Experience with the use of social media for business marketing, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
• Experience executing successful golf tournaments and charity outings.
• Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong computer skills – Word, Excel, POS, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS:
• High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of experience in recreation or leisure services; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1-3 years golf industry experience preferred.
• PGA Member or Apprentice preferred
• Must possess a valid State of Tennessee Driver’s license.
Individuals interested in this position must place an application on file with the Personnel Department by
12:00 noon, Friday, April 12, 2019.
SUMMER RECREATION POSITIONS
Recreation Leaders and Lifeguards
The City of Oak Ridge is accepting applications for Summer Camp and Swimming Pool positions for 2019. All applicants must be at least age 16 and certified to apply for lifeguard positions and must be at least age 18 and one year of college to apply for summer camp positions. The minimum salary will be at least $9.06 per hour. All applicants are subject to drug screening, background investigation and driver license check. Applications are available in the Personnel Department in the Municipal Building, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday or online at www.oakridgetn.gov. Applications received by Friday, March 1,
will be reviewed and considered for summer openings before those received after that date.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION RECRUITMENT/IMMEDIATE NEED
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
$ 10.00 per hour before deductions for Social Security and FIT
DESIRABLE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
1. UTK, KC, PSTCC or RSCC student, part-time Schools employee, retiree, homemaker or other individuals with flexibility in arranging their personal schedules.
2. Must be able to work 10 hours per week – Mornings 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. Monday thru Friday; Afternoons 3:00 to 4:00 p.m. except Wednesdays when hours are 1:00 to 2:00 p.m.
3. Must be at least age 18.
4. Must be in good physical condition since position involves working in all types of weather conditions.
5. Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with children and the general public.
6. Applicants are subject to background investigation and drug screening.
If interested in this type of employment, please place an application on file with the Personnel Department.
Electric Line Technician (Lineman)
Entry level - $38.26 per hour/$79,580.80 annually
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
Works with various Electric Department crews in installing or repairing high voltage electrical distribution system components, electrical meters, traffic signals and controllers, and electric fixtures in City facilities. Must perform both underground and overhead work.
1. High school diploma or GED with basic knowledge of trigonometry and a basic understanding of the principles of electricity.
2. Must have successfully completed a four-year electric lineman apprenticeship training program.
3. Completion of an electric line tech program with an apprenticeship program and specialty in electric metering.
4. Possession, or ability to obtain within six months of appointment, a valid Tennessee Class A Commercial Driver's License with air brakes endorsement. The ability to manipulate the controls of large trucks and backhoes.
5. Physical ability to lift and hold fifty (50) pounds to the shoulder level; to work in all weather conditions and on all types of terrain; and to tolerate heights and confined areas. Manual dexterity which permits the use of hand tools while wearing size 8 or larger high voltage gloves. Physical ability to climb electrical poles. Good peripheral vision and adequate hearing (natural or corrected). A lack of
sensitivity to insects and various weather and environmental conditions.
6. The ability to operate various types of construction equipment including backhoes, dump trucks, digger-derrick trucks, bucket trucks
7. The ability to work safely close to energized high voltage cables, wire, and equipment, and to work as a member of a team.
8. The ability to interact effectively with supervisors, co-workers
the public and to closely follow oral and written instructions.
9. Must pass
evaluation and drug screening prior to appointment. Subject to random alcohol and drug testing throughout employment.
Qualified individuals interested in this position should contact the Personnel Department at 865-425-3564.
THE CITY OF OAK RIDGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
INCLUDING THE DISABLED