*** An important update from the City Manager on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) ***
The public health situation is rapidly changing, here are the latest updates affecting City facilities
Click Here for more information
Anderson County Programs

Anderson County Solid Waste Management provides recycling programs for Anderson County residents only. Residents may recycle the following items at the Blockhouse Valley Center in Clinton:


TIRES - with or without rims. There is no limit on the number of tires residents may bring, but for larger loads, please contact Anderson County Solid Waste prior to delivery since you may be required to help unload.

USED OIL / OIL FILTERS: Pour used oil into a CLEAN, empty container with a tight light, no larger than 5-gallons. Do not mix with other substances, such as gasoline. Oil filters should be drained.

ANTIFREEZE: Pour used anti-freeze into a CLEAN, empty container with a tight lid, no larger than 5-gallons. Do not mix with other substances, such as gasoline or oil.


APPLIANCES / SCRAP METAL: Refrigerators, freezers, A/C units, dehumidifiers, or other appliances containing freon, tire rims, and other scrap metal.


Fencing, barb wire, or items that are more wood or plastic than metal. 

OIL-BASED PAINT: Oil-based paint in 1, 2 or 5-gallon containers (quart and pint sized cans will be accepted in small quantities), spray paint (no other aerosols). DO NOT BRING varnishes, stains, thinners, strippers, industrial coatings, drywall mud, caulk, adhesives, or any other Household Hazardous Waste. These items should be brought to Anderson County's Household Hazardous Waste event. Contact Anderson County Solid Waste, or go online to www.litterfreeintennessee.org, for the date of the next event.

LEAD ACID / RECHARGEABLE / LITHIUM, BUTTON TYPE BATTERIES: Car, motorcycle, rechargeables of all sizes, Lithium Ion, button batteries of all sizes.

DO NOT BRING ALKALINE BATTERIES - they can be disposed of in your regular household garbage.

FLUORESCENT BULBS: For your safety, use the original container when bringing lamps to our facility. DO NOT BRING BROKEN BULBS. Carefully bag them and place them in your regular household garbage.

ELECTRONICS: Computers and all related components (towers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, disc drives, etc.), televisions, stereo equipment, radios, DVD players, video game equipment, cell phones, etc.


HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE is anything generated in the household that has a hazardous property. A material is hazardous if it is flammable, corrosive, toxic or reactive with heat or contact with other metals. 

Anderson County Solid Waste Management also offers a Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Program 1-2 times each year. The event is typically advertised in local newspapers with the date and location information. A Household Hazardous Waste pick-up takes place on October 1, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Central Services Complex located at 100 Woodbury Lane, Oak Ridge. More information can be found by clicking here.

The Blockhouse Valley Center is located at 1480 Blockhouse Valley Road, Clinton. Please call (865) 463-6845 for directions.

Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

These residential recycling services are provided by the Anderson County Solid Waste Management Office and are for the residents of Anderson County only. No businesses.

For more information about these and other services Anderson County Solid Waste has to offer, please call the Anderson County Solid Waste Management office at (865) 463-6845 or visit their website at www.litterfreeintennessee.org.